As always, the health, safety, and comfort of our guests are our highest priorities. We pride ourselves in maintaining impeccably clean cabins as evident by our guest reviews and our commitment to meeting and exceeding South Dakota Department of Health requirements. To that end, and in light of the current global health crisis, we have further enhanced our cleaning and sanitizing protocols which also align with the CDC. We continue to monitor CDC guidelines so that we can make adjustments to our protocols as needed.
Privacy and social distancing in a natural paradise have always been hallmarks of Yak Ridge.
We have a proactive plan to manage and minimize the risks associated with COVID-19 which we carefully monitor and update as recommendations evolve. Highlights of our protocols between guest stays include but are not limited to the following:
- Self Check-in is Contact-free with personalized key code access
- Cleaning Crews wear masks and disposable gloves at all times, and practice good hand hygiene.
- Cleaning products meet EPA and CDC guidelines.
- Cabins are ventilated for a minimum of five hours between guests (usually more).
- High touch and solid surfaces are cleaned and sanitized. These including counters, floors, tables, kitchen and bathroom fixtures, appliances, handles, drawer pulls, window latches, faucets, keycode pads, TVs, remotes, light/lamp switches, towel racks, cookware, glassware, utensils, thermostats, luggage racks, etc.
- All bed, bath, and kitchen linens are laundered and sanitized in hot water between guests. Those linens include quilts, sheets, blankets, throws, pillow protectors, mattress protectors, shower curtains and liners, towels, tablecloths, placemats, and hot pads.
- Dishware, cookware, glassware, and utensils are sanitized.
- Furniture such as dining chairs, tables, and nightstands are disinfected.
- Trash cans, brooms, and dustpans are also sanitized.
- Cleaning products and tools are also cleaned and disinfected.
- Guests are provided with a complimentary welcome kit which includes individually wrapped sets of slippers, as well as travel sized hand sanitizer, Kleenex, and sanitizing wipes. Also included are local travel information and maps. Even a few postcards to send to friends and family are provided.
- Additional sanitizing wipes are available in each cabin.
- We provide self (no contact) check-in and check-out for the convenience of our guests and to maintain social distancing.
- And last but not least, we have plenty of individually wrapped rolls of toilet paper for your stay!
Many of these practices have been a part of our cleaning and sanitizing protocols for years, and even though these efforts have expanded, we never charge service or cleaning fees.
We are continuing to provide tours for guests interested in learning more about our farmstead. We wear masks during tours and require that all of our guests properly wear masks and respect social distancing during tours. Only one family/one cabin are permitted on a tour at the same time.
The farmstead is located on private property adjacent to the cabins and is home to chickens, Himalayan yaks, and honeybees. If you are interested in touring the farmstead during your stay, please contact Julie as soon as possible. For the safety of our guests and the safety of our animals, visitors are not permitted on the farmstead (located on our private property) unless accompanied by Yak Ridge owners and must contact Julie to schedule a tour.
Our Standard Terms and Conditions for Payments and Cancellations are as follows:
50% deposit payment due upon receipt to hold reservation. Your balance is due 30 days prior to check-in date. Refunds for cancellations more than 30 or more days before your check-in date will be equal to the amount of your deposit less one night’s stay. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to check-in are not eligible for a refund. If you are concerned about having to make a cancellation, you may wish to consider purchasing travel insurance.
We are being a bit more flexible due to COVID-19.
For reservations made directly through Yak Ridge (by phone or this website) during the months of June, July, August, September, October, November, and December 2020 for stays anytime during 2020, the following cancellation conditions apply:
– Cancelling 30 or more days before your arrival date, the non-refundable portion of the deposit (one night’s stay) will be available as a credit toward a future stay in 2020 or in 2021.
– Cancelling more than 14 but less than 30 days from arrival, 50% of your total stay would be available as a credit for a stay later in 2020 or in 2021.
– Cancelling 14 or fewer days from arrival, 25% of your total payment would be available as a credit for a future stay in 2020 or in 2021.
Experiencing Social Distancing in the Black Hills
Wide open spaces, low populations, and countless outdoor adventures allow visitors to enjoy a wonderful vacation and maintain social distancing while in the Black Hills. Our ‘Things to Do’ page provides a snapshot of the many activities available in the Black Hills. We’ve added a ‘Social Distancing Adventures’ section that describes a few of the many opportunities to enjoy the Black Hills and maintain social distancing. Keep in mind that many attractions that may not immediately appear to provide social distancing, have adapted practices under CDC guidelines that help to allow for a safe and enjoyable experience. Please contact businesses directly if you have questions about their practices.
We encourage our guests who visit other businesses during their stay in the Black Hills to observe and respect the social distancing standards they have established and to wear masks whenever possible.
Our goal for your stay at Yak Ridge, is to provide a vacation experience that is as safe and comfortable as possible and one that is memorable. Again, if you have specific questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you, stay safe and well, and enjoy your travels in the Black Hills!
Jim and Julie Smoragiewicz